Netflix’s “Schitt’s Creek” Ranked Most Popular by Georgians
To determine each state’s favorite Netflix show, High Speed ââInternet analyzed the most popular shows using Google Trends Data.
ATLANTA – Georgia is a hot spot for upcoming blockbuster movies, but what are consumers watching in the state? Well, according to a recent poll, we know what locals are watching on Netflix.
A report by High Speed ââInternet looked at the most popular Netflix in every state. The program Georgians watch the most is âSchitt’s Creekâ.
To determine each state’s favorite Netflix show, high-speed internet would have analyzed the most popular shows using Google Trends Data to find out which shows in each region showed the most interest in 2020.
According to researcher Tim Tincher, the initial list of shows came from digital trends. To improve results, the team rated popularity in the “Arts & Entertainment” category.
âSchitt’s Creekâ also went down in history for the most Emmy wins by a comedy series in a single season, winning the following awards:
- Outstanding comic series
- Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series (Eugene Levy)
- Best Leading Actress in a Comedy Series (Catherine O’Hara)
- Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series (Dan Levy)
- Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series (Annie Murphy)
- Outstanding Achievement for a Comedy Series (Andrew Cividino and Dan Levy)
- Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series (Dan Levy)
- Exceptional Contemporary Costumes
- Exceptional casting for a comedy series
The series follows the wealthy Rose family, who are forced to move to the fictional town of Schitt’s Creek, in which Johnny (Eugene Levy) bought for his son, David (Dan Levy), as a previous birthday present as a joke, after their business manager stole all their money.
Last year, âWhen They See Us,â an award-winning series directed by Ava Duvernay was named the most popular in the state.